Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas Quilts

Happy Sunday everyone!!
Yesterday I decided it was about time to set up the Christmas
tree before it arrives!! Time sure does fly and before you know
it another year has passed us by. I can't believe how quick they
come and go. Anyway... I have the tree up, no top yet, but I
haven't found the usual ornaments I use on the tree... so it's a 
bit different this year, to say the least. I found some quilted wall
hangings I have made in the past and decided to share them
with you here. 

  
The snowman below is a small piece in which
I appliqued and machine sewed together. 


The snowmen quilt below is one in which I pieced
together the quilt blocks, so it contains
many small pieces of fabric stitched together
and machine quilted in a snowflake pattern. 


The advent calendar below is one I made a few
years ago by cutting out some prints from
fabric and appliqueing these on the upper
part. Then cutting out the letters, numbers
and stockings. The stockings are actually
little stockings that I usually put mini
candy canes in each and for my son to 
count down the days till Christmas... 
I am behind this year...lol I don't have
any mini canes to put in them!!! I 
finished this off with some Stipple Quilting
on the white background.


Below is another applique style quilt in 
which I used a nice print and did some stipple
quilting as well.


I love to make something new each year to 
add to the Christmas box of decorations... 

I hope you enjoy these and maybe it will
get your creative juices flowing for this
holiday season. May it be merry and
bright...full of good cheer and wonderful
memories in the making. 

Have a wonderful new week!!!
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment